1. Don't use laxatives or diuretics. Diuretics can cause severe dehydration if you dont drink enough water. Laxatives can damage the muscles that cause your intestines to contract. Long term abuse of laxatives can cause dependency and can parylize your intestinal muscles.
2. Not getting enough sleep can slow your matabolism. Getting less that 6 hours of sleep a night can slow your metabolism by up to 15%
3. Keep a bottle of ice cold water in your hand as often as possible. You will find yourself absently sipping your water more often than you think and it keeps you from becoming hungry because you are constatly filling your stomach with water. Also the colder the water is the more calories your body will burn trying to warm you back up.
4. Take a cold shower, your body will burn calories trying to warm you back up.
5. Eat the same foods when you arent fasting. The manotony will make you lose interest in your meal.
6. When you excersize mix up your work out, this will activate different muscle groups, toning more of your muscles. The more toned you are the more calories your muscles burn.. even while you are asleep!
7. Make a game out of fasting.. how long can you put off eating. just try to go one hour at a time. Make it through one and then the next.. before you know it 4 or 5 hours have just flown by.
8. Don't obsess over the number on the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you are working out a lot your weight might even go up. Instead, buy a pair of jeans or a dress you really like and hang it right on your closet door. It will motivate you to lose weight so you can fit into them.
9. If you live alone or in a ana- accepting house. Hang pictures of yourself on the refrigerator or in your cupboard.
10. never ever go grocery shopping on an empty stomach.. make sure that you arent craving anything when you go. and when you do go, leave al credit and debit cards at home and bring only a small amount of cash, this will help you to buy only the things you need and you will avoid overspending on small indulgances such as the chocolate bar at the check out counter.
11. Eat lots of fiber. It will help push food through your body and take fat along with it. Try to get your fiber from fruits and vegetables rather than grains... you will eat less carbs and some friuits and vegetables actually have negative calories.
12. Find an ana buddy that lives somewhere in your area code. You can text or IM them when you need a little bit of encouragement to get through your fast.
13. Try not to eat about 4 hours before you go to bed. Those will just be calories that dont get burned.
14. Dont over cook your meat, the longer you cook your meat the more your body is able to absorb from it. This does not of course mean eat raw meat, undercooked meat can transmit bacteria and parasites.
15. Eat raw vegetables, it will take more effort to chew them (i.e. more calories burned) and your body will use up more calories to digest the food.
WANAREXICS ARE NOT WELCOME!
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you are a new follower then welcome, thank you for joining... if you followed me on my old blog (which was unfortunatly deleted due to hacking issues) then thank you for your loyalty and welcome back.